Happy New Year Mamas! Welcome to 2013 which promises to give you just as much style as the previous years. There will be more fabulous designer collaborations with mass retailers and the handmade “Etsy” trend will continue to grow as consumers continue to long for unique pieces. There are a few trends on the horizon that while you may see them year after year, 2013 gives them a fresh spin.
Here’s five to look for this year so you can stay ahead of the fashion curve despite having kiddos to care for.
1. Stripes — sure stripes have been awhile for some time now but designers are giving the print a fresh spin with mixing and matching the size of the stripes along with varying the colors. It’s more than just nautical blue and white this year.
2. Bermuda Shorts — these long shorts will be on everyone’s vacation packing list this season. It’s a great compromise between pants and short shorts and they look great dressed up with heels and a blazer or more casual with a tank and sandals.
3. Emerald — as announced last month, the Pantone color of the year is emerald and the vibrant hue is already making it’s way into homes and closets everywhere.
4. Beading — heavy embellishments like intricate beading is definitely on trend for 2013.
5. Cut-outs — peek-a-boo cut-outs will be seen on everything from shoes to dresses this season. Make sure you like where the cut-out is before you wear it out. There’s nothing like revealing too much or not quite hiding your bra strap properly with this trend.
What trends are you excited for in 2013?