Jodie Roth is the founder and CEO of Butterscotch blankets, her passion to find something unique for her son’s nurseries is how she created the Butterscotch collection. The collection is full of yummy and super soft blankets, hats, scarves and pillows. They are custom designed and handcrafted, add initials, names and monograms for the perfect gift. We had the chance to chat with Jodie to find out what inspires her and how she creates one of our favorite blankets.
1. What everyday things inspire you to create new designs?
My designs are a direct result of everyday life such as flipping through magazines , walking through my favorite designer boutiques and looking at colors in bedding and stationary trends.
2. Name 3 words that best describe Butterscotch Blankets?
Fun, Sophisticated and unique
3. With such a busy schedule, how do you balance work, family, and me time?
I have 2 active boys but I enjoy what I do so its not work to me, its my passion.
4. What advise would you have for other mom inventors just trying to start their own dream company?
Follow your gut, your inner strength and if you believe in yourself you will succeed.
5. Do you have any future plans you would like to share, maybe new products or designs?
I am coming out with a line of sweaters dresses in a knit fabric like my blankets and pillows.