One of Bellini’s favorite bedding designers is Annette Tatum, the creative mind behind the beautiful designs of House and Little House. Annette started studying industrial and textile design at UCLA and in 1994 she started Annette Tatum Collections. You will always find her in her studio designing new collections and working on interior design projects.
By the time her secound daughter, Ella, was born, Little House designs were created. She felt inspired by childhood and being a new mom so she wanted the prints and patterns to embrace the innocence and personality of a child.
1. We know you founded your own collection in 1994, what inspired you to start designing baby and children’s bedding? I come from a textile background and had begun making apparel when I first started. Once I started having children nursery bedding was a natural.
2. Out of all of your collections, what is your favorite nursery collection? In our current line I still love Goa. I am a bohemian at heart. From the new collection I love the new Khaki Brocade. It is a colorway that has always been successful for us and I love the Brocade. It is classic.
3. With such a busy work day, how do you balance work, family, and me time? ”I am super organized by nature.. so that helps.” I am also always anticipating what is next. There are always the “curve” balls during the day.. but somehow it all manages to get done. I have learned that nothing is “perfect” and that is ok too.
4. Name 3 words that best describe Annette Tatum Collections? “Classic, Sophisticated, and Inspiring.”
5. Do you have any future plans you would like to share, maybe new collections or new products? We are introducing our original brand “house” back into the market. “We also have paint, furniture and a new little house collection coming in Spring.” Our pajamas are also being re-introduced this January. “Lots of fun stuff happening.”