Decorating for the holidays is fun and exciting and a great way to share the holiday spirit with your little one. Unfortunately, much holiday décor is not baby/toddler-friendly. Get into the spirit this holiday season while taking the following precautions to keep your little on safe:
1. Go with non-breakable materials: plastic, metal, wood, fabric, foam, and paper. Check out these great snowflake mirror decals that add just the right amount of cheer without fear:
4. Opt for flameless candles (battery operated, etc). Love this flameless hannukah menorah:
5. When decorating a tree, use big ornaments, trim, or décor in kid-friendly materials, especially within reaching distance of little ones (keep small ornaments and lights at the top of your tree). Check out these adorable felt ornaments available on Etsy:
6. Avoid decorations with small items like beads, safety pins, buttons, tacks, or glitter. Check out this amazing paper garland available on Etsy:
8. Inspect lights for frayed wires, loose connections, and broken sockets.
Happy and Safe Decorating!