Choosing how to announce baby’s arrival should be fun and a chance to express your sense of mom style. Here are some paper trends we are seeing in 2014 to make your announcement extra unique…
1. Getting Edgy – Add a sophisticated element to the card with scalloping, curved shape or framing or a fun flare with a tag or panoramic shape.
2. Glitz & Glam – In 2014, metallics, foil pressing and stamping are very on-trend to add some sparkle and elegance.
3. Baby Got Back – Announcements are only beginning on the front of the card. On the back side are fun designs that pull together the color story and theme.
4. Shape it Up – For either gender, geometrics are still a popular choice to add a modern flare with patterns like polka dots, stripes, chevron, and honeycomb dominating the card.
5. Adoption Addition – Many big-name stationery retailers are featuring adoption announcements, incorporating designs that pay homage to the baby’s country of origin.