Hello! I’m Katie from Petite Social. So nice to “meet” you! I’m thrilled to join the cast of Contributors at Bellini Buzz and am excited that my first official post kicks off with some of my inspiration for Summer Entertaining.
If I’m not styling an event for a client, I’m often looking for an excuse to entertain and host. Whether it’s a birthday party, family picnic, or afternoon play date with my little ones, there’s always a reason to celebrate.
With the official arrival of Summer and 4th of July around the corner, here are a few of my favorite details for entertaining and celebrating the season.
1. Red Gingham Dining - Make it formal or casual. Whether you wear it or decorate with it, red gingham is a summer classic
2. Sweet Treats - A fun treat for the picnic basket or package them up as party favors for your guests
3. Fresh Seasonal Fruit - Check out fun and creative ways to serve fruit and picnic farehere
4. Mason Jars - One of my favorite decorating staples. Use it as a vase, drinking glass, or serve your favorite dish or dessert in it. Mason jars are a perfect addition to any summer party or picnic
5. Medallion Party Decor - Create more impact with color coordinated party decor of your choice — poms, fans, balloons, streamers, etc.
6. Fresh Cut Flowers – Embellishing your vase with color coordinated ribbon is such a simple detail, but adds a lot of style
7. Color coordinated invitations - Set the tone of your party with all the different invitation options available
For entertaining ideas with your little ones, check out my Red, White & Blue Summer Picnic Photo Shoot here